Huntington Central Park - Picnic Shelter Rental
Huntington Central Park (HCP) is centrally located in Huntington Beach. Reservations are made in person at the Community Services Department on the 5th floor of the Huntington Beach Civic Center, 2000 Main Street, and are on a first come, first served basis. Dates may not be held by phone. Full payment is required at time of reservation. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Rental rates are as follows:
Civic & Nonprofit
|Picnic Shelter||$250.00 day||$250.00 day||$385.00 day||$500.00 day|
|Cancellation or Change to Reservation||
At 6630 Lakeview Drive, the picnic shelter is located on the west side of the park off of Edwards Street, between Inlet Street and Central Park Drive, has eleven (11) 16' tables, 8 charcoal barbeques, 4 sinks, and 2 electrical plugs in a covered area. This area holds up to 200 people. Tables are not individually reservable. If the shelter has not been reserved, it may be used on a first come, first served basis.
Non-profit youth organizations may reserve and use the camping area of Huntington Central Park. Individual camping is not available. An off-duty police officer or licensed security guard must stay with the group through the night. Copies of the officer's credentials to be filed with Huntington Beach Police Department and proof of non-profit status must be presented at the time of reservation.
- Reservation availability hours are generally dawn to dusk. Park curfew hours are 10:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- Amplified sound is not permitted in Huntington Beach parks.
- Reservations must be made at least three (3) weeks in advance and in person. Reservations may be made up to one (1) year in advance.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any Huntington Beach park.
- Deposits are refundable in 4-6 weeks if facilities are properly cleaned and damage has not occurred.
- The use and distribution of expandable polystyrene (styrofoam) products by any attendee, vendor, caterer, supplier, or any other person attending the permitted event, are prohibited by City Resolution No. 2005-1. The security deposit may be forfeited if it is determined that such products were utilized.
- For groups of 200 or more the following applies: A) Portable restrooms must be rented from A-Throne (800) 446-4669. A trash bin (6x4x4 minimum size) must be rented from Rainbow Disposal (714) 847-3581. Both these items must be dropped off and pick-up the day of your event.
To inquire about holding special events at Huntington Central Park, please visit or call the Community Services Department at (714) 536-5486. Foot races are only permitted on the west side of the park.
Closed on Holidays:
No reservations will be accepted for legal holidays observed by the City of Huntington Beach.
Cancellations made at least seven (7) days prior to the event date will incur a cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than seven (7) days prior to event will forfeit all fees.
Change of Reservation Policy:
Please make changes in person and at least seven (7) days prior to event.
All changes will incur a change of reservation. Additional fees are due at the time of change.
*To obtain nonprofit rates, proof of nonprofit status must be presented at the time of reservation. Acceptable forms of proof are:
|Articles of Incorporation as a nonprofit organization||Secretary of State|
|IRS letter showing organization to be Tax Exempt Services||Internal Revenue|
|State Franchise Tax Board letter showing Board organization Tax Exempt||Franchise Tax|
|Certificate of Registration with the State Registry of Charitable Trusts||State Registry of Charitable Funds|